Monday, February 27, 2012

Tropical Cake Balls; Tagged & Award


Pin It


Do you remember these Mango Cake Balls , posted in the last summer? I just loved them. Though this time I tweaked the recipe a bit. Used coconut cake crumbs & jam, rolled in coconut & dipped in chocolate. There are so many variations you can do; just use whatever cake, jam and topping you like.


Tropical Cake Balls
*********************

Ingredients :
  • Coconut cake
  • Mango jam
  • Desiccated coconut
  • Semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
  • Almonds / pistachios
Method :
  • Crumble the cake into a large bowl.
  • Mix in enough jam till the mixture has a smooth consistency.
  • Shape the cake mixture into balls and roll in desiccated coconut.
  • Place on a cookie sheet, lined with wax paper. Place in the fridge or freezer for few minutes to firm up the cake balls.
  • Meanwhile, microwave the chocolate in a bowl on HIGH power for ( 1 to 1 1/2 minutes ) or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
  • Dip cake balls in melted chocolate, one at a time to coat. Remove, allowing excess chocolate to drip off.
  • Place on a sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle coconut or place some sliced nuts on top.
  • Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. 


    Sending this to these events : Dish For Loved Ones , Cakes, Cookies and DessertsMy Sweet Party
        


    Linking this recipe to these : A Round Tuit , Any One Can Cook , Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop , Friday Favorites , Hookin Up with HoH , It’s a Keeper Thursday , It's a Party! , More The Merrier Monday , nifty thrifty sunday , Savory Sunday , Savvy HomeMade Monday , Simply Link{Party} , Strut Your Stuff Saturday , Sundae Scoop , Sweet Indulgences Sunday , Sweet Tooth Friday , Sweets for a Saturday , Tasty Tuesday Party , The Sunday Showcase Party , These Chicks Cooked Link Party , Think Pink Sundays , Tuesday Confessional Link Party , Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party , Weekend Show Off Party , Full Plate Thursday , SYS Blog Link Party , fridays unfolded , Feature Yourself Friday , Freestyle Friday , Tuesday Talent Show , Thrifty Thursday , Delicately Constructed Friday! , Potpourri Party , Family Friday , Blog Stalking Thursday , Wicked Awesome Wednesday , Sweet Treats Thursday , Serenity Saturday , Shine On Fridays , Anything Goes Linky Party! , Anything Goes Linky , Creative Juice Thursday , Frugal Days Sustainable Ways , Creative Monday , Foodie Friday , Show Your Stuff , Sew Crafty Tuesday , Cast Party Wednesday , Crazy Sweet Tuesday , Recipe Round Up , Tea Party Tuesday , Famous {Linkz} Party , Recipe Party , From Scratch Friday , Naturally-Nifty Party , Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party , Tuesday DIY Linky Party , Bake with Bizzy

    I got tagged a few weeks ago by Bridget of Mrs. Green Jeans. She has a lovely space with so many delicious recipes, don't forget to check out her fabulous blog. Thank you so much Bridget for this lovely opportunity :)

    The Rules:
    1. You must post the rules.
    2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post.
    3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
    4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
    5. Let them know you've tagged them.

    12 Facts About Me :
    1. I am a very reserved, quite and shy person!
    2. I don't like snakes. I always had nightmares about them as a kid!
    3. I like reading while eating!
    4. Ice cream is one of my biggest weakness!
    5. My favorite color is pink & black!
    6. I prefer to stay at home, rather than go out!
    7. I love baking way more than cooking and I have a huge sweet tooth!
    8. I like music with sad lyrics!
    9. I like to collect greeting cards!
    10. I like silver jewelry rather than gold!
    11. I don't believe in astrology, but I do like to read my horoscope!
    12. I really enjoy reading your comments and appreciate your feedback!
      Bridget's questions : 
      1. Who's your role model? My parents! 
      2. Savory or Sweet? Definitely sweet!
      3. Besides blogging, what's your next go to hobby? Sewing and embroidery!
      4. Goals for 2012? To try more savory recipes and to improve my photography!
      5. Favorite thing to eat? Cookies!
      6. What's your guilty pleasure? Peanut butter cookies!
      7. Favorite T.V show? I mostly watch food shows!
      8. Favorite thing to bake / cook? Cookies!
      9. How did you get into blogging? I started this blog just to keep record of all my tested recipes!
      10. What's your favorite thing to do on a weekend? Relaxing with a good book or movie
      11. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go? Bahamas or Maldives!
      12. What's your favorite website? These days, it is Pinterest!

      My Questions :
      1. Describe yourself in 3 words?
      2. If you could eat only one food for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
      3. What is your favorite movie?
      4. What is your favorite type of cuisine?
      5. What scares you the most?
      6. Coffee, tea, or neither?
      7. What is your favorite place you have ever visited?
      8. Are you a sweet tooth or savory tooth?
      9. What is your favorite song?
      10. If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be?
      11. What’s one goal you have for this year?
      12. What is your most favorite post on your blog?
      I'm Tagging these : 
      Also, I've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award from the very talented Haether of Made famous by. Don't forget to check out her fabulous blog, full of mouthwatering recipes. Thank you so much Haether for sharing it :)

      A Liebster Blog Award is given to talented and loved bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Just a few rules:
      • Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog & link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
      • Copy and paste the blog Award on your blog.
      • Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. 
      • Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
      Here are my picks:
      1. cake balls, cookies, and more.
      2. cookbookjaleela
      3. Dream of Cakes
      4. Easyfoodsmith
      5. The Sweet Spot
      Please friends, accept these & pass on to other bloggers :)

      Sorry for such a long post.
      Thank you for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the recipe!!!

      53 comments :

      1. Ambreen....very cute n yummy cake balls.....

        ReplyDelete
      2. These cake balls are insane perfection - mango cake!! Chocolate!!! Mine :D
        Thank you for the tag - I will definitely pass it on :)
        So much fun!

        Cheers
        Choc Chip Uru

        ReplyDelete
      3. Thank you so much for putting me in your list! I will answer the questions in one of my nest posts. Congratulations on the tagging and award! The coconut balls look absolutely delicious!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Thanks for remembering me Ambreen. Such a lovely dish for sweet tooth person like me ;-0

        Deepa
        Hamaree Rasoi

        ReplyDelete
      5. Hi Ambreen! It was nice knowing some facts about you. Thank you so much dear for the award. It came as a very pleasant surprise :)
        Your tropical cake balls look awesome and so tempting. I almost felt like lifting them off my computer screen!!
        Thanks for the follow and you are being followed back.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Thanks Ambreen for tagging my blog..so sweet of you friend!
        and shukria jnab itni mazedar recipe bhi share ki, keep sharing,wish you lots of success..

        ReplyDelete
      7. Fantastic balls; I'm planning to make them in the evening today. :)

        Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

        ReplyDelete
      8. And ya, loved reading about you. It's always great to know a blogger as a person; you have described yourself so well. :)
        Thanks for passing on the award.

        ReplyDelete
      9. I'm bookmarking this, Ambreen. I'm a biggest fan of chocolate and this looks simple enough to make. Congrats on your awards and telling us about yourself. Wish you a great day ahead!

        ReplyDelete
      10. I missed the mango cake balls, but I am sure glad I did not miss this post! This is probably the most unique flavor blend I have seen in cake balls and I do love all things tropical. I am excited just seeing the picture-I want to make as well as taste these gems.
        Also, it is great to find out more info on a fellow blogger and I am right there with you on the food shows. Lastly congrats on the awards!

        ReplyDelete
      11. Congrats on your awards..wish you many many more.
        Tempting and drool worthy ball...so lovely

        ReplyDelete
      12. Those look so yummy and delicious dear..

        ReplyDelete
      13. So creative and perfectly made cake balls!!

        Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

        ReplyDelete
      14. Yum Yum,looks so yummy I would love one of these right now :) Thanks for joining us at Creative Mondays :)

        ReplyDelete
      15. Oh what a lovely dessert to satisfy a sweet tooth...yumm

        ReplyDelete
      16. Mango and coconut! Sound like a great summery combination.

        ReplyDelete
      17. Just looks awesome......very nice pics..... yum n delicious!

        ReplyDelete
      18. hi ambreen, how are you doing? wow! this sure looks like one delicious mango cake balls, never seen one before, would love to try this out..

        thank you ambreen for your kind thoughts of me, must be, cos you put my name at top of list ha ha, you will always be a dear friend to me. i will attend this tag game soon ya.. have a nice day

        ReplyDelete
      19. Thank you so much everyone for all the nice comments :)

        ReplyDelete
      20. these sound great, I love finding new to me cake ball ideas!

        ReplyDelete
      21. These look totally delicious, versatile and easy! Thanks for sharing. Sheelagh.

        ReplyDelete
      22. Yum yum yum Ambreen! I'm going to pin these to try too!


        Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
        Hope you have a fabulous week!
        Jill @ Creating my way to Success
        http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

        ReplyDelete
      23. Delicious looking cake ball! I'm sure it taste as good as it looks :)

        ReplyDelete
      24. Delicious n tempting looking cake ball! sure it tastes best........

        ReplyDelete
      25. first time in your space.and totally love it!.am your happy follower now!.loved reading about you......i too love to read while i eat!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Welcome Simran. Thanks for your nice words & for joining, will visit yours soon :)

          Delete
      26. Oh thanks so much for the award:)

        ReplyDelete
      27. wow..cakeballs sounds amazingly tasty..lovely presentation..
        congrats on your awards dear..very interesting to know more abt you..
        so sweet of you to tag me..:)
        keep on rock Ambreen..!
        Tasty Appetite

        ReplyDelete
      28. Thank you for sharing intersting information about yourself. Congratulations for your award. You deserve it for the good job you are doing. The cake calls look so yummy

        ReplyDelete
      29. These are such unique cake balls and sound so delicious! I usually make red velvet ones but these just sound over the top yummy!

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thank you for stopping by. I'm so glad you liked my recipe :)

          Delete
      30. Delicious looking cake balls n wonderful presentation.

        ReplyDelete
      31. wow...the cake balls sounds amazing and looks absolutely delicious.....lovely presentation n wonderful clicks !

        ReplyDelete
      32. These would have such a special flavor with the Mango Jam, I would just love one of these right now! Hope you have a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
        Come Back Soon!
        Miz Helen

        ReplyDelete
      33. Thank You for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
        http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-your-stuff-13-chocolate-cover.html

        ReplyDelete
      34. Oh yummy yum! these look divine!
        I am so your newest follower! :)

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks Daisy for your sweet comment & following. Following you back :)

          Delete
      35. These cake balls are absolutely yumm Ambreen... love to steal some for me !!

        Thank you for tagging me... surely I shall answer these questions when I find the apt time... :)

        http://schmetterlingwords.blogspot.com/2012/03/healthy-morsels-journey-begins.html

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Thanks Ayesha! I'm glad you liked my it. Take your time for the tag :)

          Delete
      36. What a fun read, and congratulations on your award! These cake balls are delightful!

        ReplyDelete

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...